- ABOUT HMI
- SUMMER TERM
- APPRENTICE PROGRAM
- SHORT & SUMMER PROGRAMS
- REQUEST INFO
Apprentice Program Admissions
Who should apply: Motivated college graduates seeking experience in the classroom, residential education and wilderness.
Prerequisites: Accepted apprentices must provide proof of health insurance, current CPR, and Wilderness First Responder (WFR) or Wilderness First Aid (WFA) certification by the time the program begins. The High Mountain Institute hosts Wilderness Medicine Institute WFA and WFR certification courses. Click here to see a schedule of courses offered.
Application Deadline (for both semesters): February 15, 2013
Notification of Acceptance: March 18, 2013
Enrollment Deadline: April 1, 2013
Fall Semester: August 2 - December 16, 2013
Spring Semester: January 2 - May 27, 2014
$3,800 per semester*
*Cost includes room & board; all class materials; and wilderness gear rental. Financial Aid is available.
This year we will be visiting the following colleges:
Please check back for updates!
|University of Virginia||Oct 4 at 6:15pm||Newcomb Hall Student Center (Room 360)|
|Skidmore||Oct 10 at 5:00pm||
|Union||Oct 11 at 5:00pm||Becker Career Center|
|Carleton||Oct 16 at 7:00pm||Sayles-Hill (Room 251)|
|Western Washington||Oct 29 at 4:00pm||Old Main (Room 280K)|
|Middlebury||Nov 1 at 7:30pm||Hillcrest (Room 103)|
|Bowdoin||Nov 6 at 7:00pm||Career Planning Center|
|Tufts University||Nov 8 at 8:30||Lane 100|
|University of Vermont||Nov 8 at 7:00pm||Davis Student Center|
|Brown||Nov 12 at 6:00pm||Career Center Third Floor Conference Room|
|Oberlin||Nov 15 at 7:00pm||King Building (Room 239)|
|Whitman||Nov 27 at 5:00pm||
Reid Campus Center (Room G02)
|St. Lawrence||Nov 27 at 7:00pm||Winston Room|
|Williams||Nov 28 at 8:00pm||
Schapiro (Room 141)
|Smith College||Nov 28 at 4:30pm||Campus Center (Room 003)|
|Wesleyan||Nov 29 at 7:00pm||Career Center's Olson Commons|
|Colorado College||Dec 4 at 12:15pm||Worner Center (West Room)|
How to apply:
Please attach the following in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Apprentice Program Application Form (PDF)
- Completed Apprentice Program Financial Aid Application (PDF)
- Two letters of recommendation (sent via e-mail by the recommender)
- One recent photo of yourself
- A separate document on which you address the following: The Apprentice Program combines wilderness, academic, and residential education. Please discuss your experience in these areas (personal and professional wilderness expeditions; traditional teaching; and residential education/leadership), your interest in pursuing them professionally, and how you will contribute positively in each area.
Note: Mac users should open and complete forms using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader
Graduate Credit is available at an additional cost.
Contact Carrie Mallozzi with questions: email@example.com or 1-888-464-9991 x. 108