- Summer Term
- Apprentice Program
- High Peaks Adventure
- Adult Programs
- Educators Expedition
- Lake County Backpacking Trip
- Take I-70 West.
- Exit #195 Copper Mountain/Leadville exit.
- Follow Highway 91 South 24 miles into the town of Leadville.
- The first stoplight is on the edge of town, at the Safeway.
- At the second stoplight, go west (right) and downhill onto West 6th Street. In just under 1 mile, 6th Street ends at McWethy Drive.
- Go north (right) onto McWethy, also known as County Road 4.
- Follow County Road 4 as it bears to the west (left) in 1/4 mile.
- In 2-1/2 miles, you will cross train tracks.
- In less than 1/2 mile, the road splits into three (the middle is dirt); go south (left).
- Pass the Mt. Massive Golf Course, (about 1/2 mile from the fork), take your first right turn (west). This is County Road 5A.
- The High Mountain Institute driveway is 1/2 mile down on the north side (right) of the road.
- You may park anywhere in the cul-de-sac.
From the South
- You will be on Highway 24, heading north toward Leadville.
- Approx. 2 miles before town, look for signs to the Leadville Fish Hatchery & County Road 300 to the west (on your left).
- Go west (left) on County Road 300.
- In 1/2 mile, you will cross the Arkansas River (a small stream), take an immediate right (north) onto an unmarked paved road.
- Follow the road north for about 1 mile.
- Turn west (left) onto the first paved road, County Road 5A. If you pass a golf course, you have missed the turn.
- The High Mountain Institute driveway is 1/2 mile down on the right (north) side of the road.
- You may park anywhere in the first cul-de-sac.
Shuttles from the Airport (to Frisco Transfer Center)
855-GO-PEAK1 or www.mountainshuttle.com
Whether your flight arrives at Concourse A, B, or C, you will need to take the airport train to the main terminal (Jeppesen Terminal). You will meet us on the East Side at Door # 515. Your shuttle will meet you at Island #1 under the Mountain Carriers sign (you will need to cross Island #1). Please plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
Epic Mountain Express:
970-754-7433 or https://www.epicmountainexpress.com/
When you retrieve your luggage, you can find the Colorado Mountain Express Check-In Counter near the Hertz rental car desk.
855-686-8267 or www.summitexpress.com
Upon arrival at DIA meet your shuttle at the designated pickup area. Head to the East Side Baggage Claim; Proceed to Baggage Claim #7; There you will find Door #513; Walk outside to Island #1. Your airport shuttle driver will arrive 5 minutes prior to pick up and will depart promptly.
***There is no transportation directly between Frisco and HMI. Please contact us for assistance when arranging shuttle travel.