We do not have any open seasonal positions at this time. Check back soon!
HMI Apprentice Program
Are you a recent college graduate, or about to graduate college?
The HMI Apprentice Program offers the opportunity to gain experience teaching in the classroom, facilitating wilderness expeditions, and participating in our vibrant residential life.
Hear From Our Employees
Benefits Available to all Full-Time HMI Employees:
- 403(b) retirement savings plan; 4-9% matching contributions starting after one year
- Health & dental insurance; vision and mental health reimbursement
- On-campus housing available by seniority–typically available after 2-3 years
- Short term and long term disability insurance, life insurance
- Pro-deals (steep discounts on outdoor gear for outdoor professionals)
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- Free meals on campus when school is in session
- 4-month paid sabbatical available after ten years
HMI admits students and employs faculty and staff of any gender, race, color, religion, disability-status, sexual preference, national and ethnic origin, and accords them all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students, faculty and staff of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, sexual preference, national and ethnic origin or disability status in administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletics, and other school administered programs.