- Summer Term
- Apprentice Program
- High Peaks Adventure
- Adult Programs
- Educators Expedition
- Lake County Backpacking Trip
The HMI Fund
Your consistent and generous support is vital to our success.
And our success is vital to the success of the students we serve. With your help we can create a sustainable future in which we continue to provide unique, meaningful, and lasting educational opportunities for young people.
Your gift to the HMI Fund supports three key areas of the school:
Annual support for financial aid diversifies the student body and allows each applicant’s enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, and differences to be our primary admission criteria.
- Each year, the HMI Fund helps us meet the full financial need of each curious and courageous student we accept into our school.
- HMI Fund dollars also help us cover the costs of items such as plane tickets and hiking boots, further reducing the barriers to entry that may prevent a talented student from attending.
Faculty and Staff
The success of the High Mountain Institute programs rests clearly on the shoulders of HMI’s dedicated and dynamic faculty and staff. The HMI Fund helps provide appropriate compensation and professional development for our uniquely qualified faculty and staff.
- The HMI Fund has sent our faculty to the Stanley H. King Counseling Institute and to the Conference on Mathematics, Science and Technology at Phillips Exeter Academy.
- Thanks to contributions to the HMI Fund, we have increased our professional development budget by 100% so that we can continue to increase our awareness and improve our strategies for best serving students from all walks of life.
The school is committed to a dynamic and well-maintained infrastructure to support the efficiency, effectiveness, and relative comfort of each student experience. Ongoing maintenance and adherence to current standards for technology, buildings, and energy efficiency are a constant necessity.
- With HMI Fund dollars, we recently upgraded the wood-burning stoves in student cabins so that these HMI hallmarks could meet new expectations for efficiency.
- We have also added water cisterns for fire safety, installed high-speed internet for more efficient learning, and purchased new maintenance equipment for better care of our facilities.