Checklist & Due Dates Information
Please do not be overwhelmed by all that you need to do. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Jill Gardiner (email@example.com or 719-486-8200 x106), or any other staff member you know.
Enrollment Forms and Payments needed to reserve your spot:
- Complete the forms in online enrollment (these must be completed through the portal – please do not print and sign them by hand!)
- HMI Enrollment Form
- Acknowledgement and Assumption of Risk & Release and Indemnity Agreement
- General Medical History Information Form
- Send your Tuition Deposit by check or online via ACH. Click here for payment instructions.
Onboarding Forms and Information (due 5/15 for Fall, due 11/1 for Spring):
To be completed by Parents/Guardians in the Online Portal:
- Health Care Provider Physical Form (exam to be completed by MD within 12 months of the start of the HMI Semester)
- Immunization Records (uploaded to portal)
- Health/Dental/Prescription Insurance information
- Copy of student’s health, dental, prescription insurance cards (uploaded to portal, as applicable, front and back)
- Non-Parental Emergency Contact Information
- Learning Accommodations information and supporting documents (uploaded to portal as applicable)
- Additional Family Members information (as applicable)
- St. Vincent Health Pre-registration Form
To be completed by Students in the Online Portal:
- Advisor Questions
- School Contact Information
- Course Selections and Independent Study details (as applicable)
- If you plan on taking an Independent Study while at HMI, please review our Independent Study Guidelines carefully.
- PSAT, SAT, AP Questions
- College Counselor Information
We understand that it might take a bit of time to complete all these forms, especially the Health Care Provider Physical Form. Please start early and let us know if you have any questions/concerns.
Other forms you will need to complete, but that will be sent to you directly:
- Fall Semester Students: Colorado 14’ers Initiative Waiver
- Spring Semester Students: Ski Cooper Waiver
Paperwork to be completed by sending schools/teachers
Due 5/15 for Fall, due 11/1 for Spring
Links are available on our For Enrolled Students page, as well as your HMI online portal (Student tab)
- College Counseling Form
- Math Questionnaire
- Spanish Questionnaire
Additional to-do’s to prepare for the semester:
- Make travel plans (please review the Travel Information link). The Administrative Manager & Registrar will send you a Travel Form in July or January through which you can submit your student’s arrival travel details.
- Review the On Campus and Wilderness Equipment Packing Lists. (Please note, we do NOT need you to tell us what Wilderness Equipment your student will need to rent/purchase from us in advance.)
- Go shopping for the items you wish to purchase (please review the Wilderness Equipment information carefully.)
- Get in shape! Please reference the Pre-Semester Physical Fitness section in the Miscellaneous Information Form for details and guidance about this.
Deposit, Tuition, and Student Account Due Dates:
- Deposit for program due May 15 (both Fall and Spring.)
- Final tuition invoice payment due on June 15 for Fall and November 1 for Spring.
- Student account deposit due on June 15 for Fall and November 1 for Spring.