Applications for Summer Term 2022 are due February 15
To apply for the HMI Summer Term:
- Complete our online application, including responses to the two essay questions listed below. Note: our online application platform is hosted on a secure, third-party site.
- Submit your current transcript, by having your high school email it to email@example.com. Your transcript should include your most recent fall semester/trimester grades.
- Solicit two teacher recommendations, with at least one coming from a core academic teacher (humanities, math, etc.) who taught you this year or last. The second may come from any current or past teacher, mentor, counselor, coach, etc. Please ask your teachers to visit www.hminet.org/teacherrec to fill out the form on your behalf. The “Application Status” box in your online application will update within 2-3 business days when we have received one or both of your recommendations.
- Applications are due February 15, 2022. Applicants will learn of their admissions decisions on February 28, 2022.
- If applying for financial aid, please submit a complete financial aid application by February 15. Financial aid application fee waivers are available by request.
Application essay questions (answer both):
You may choose to answer one of the three essays with a video recording of yourself. Click here for more information about this option.
1. What inspires you?
400 word maximum
2. Which single extracurricular activity are you most passionate about and why? This is not necessarily the extracurricular to which you commit the most time. This can be something that takes place during the academic year and/or over the summer.
400 word maximum
Meet the Admissions Office
HMI Summer Term applications are due by 11:59pm MDT on Tuesday, February 15, 2022. Late applications may be accepted depending on availability.
For current tuition and financial aid information, visit our Tuition & Affordability page. Extensive need-based financial aid is available.
We hope to resume admissions travel in the 2021-22 academic year. Regardless, we will offer a number of informational webinars throughout the fall and winter. Please visit our Admissions Presentations page for more information about HMI admissions travel and webinars.
No, but we do allow students to submit one of their essay responses in video format.
Admissions decisions will be sent via email on Monday, February 28, 2022 at 5pm MT. Applicants will also be able to view their admissions decision by logging back into their online application portal.
Enrollment agreements are due back to HMI within three weeks of acceptance.
Admissions decisions often end up in applicants’ spam folders. If you still can’t find an email from us after checking your spam folder please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Summer Term have not yet been published. For reference, the 2021 dates were:
Saturday, June 26 – Thursday, July 29, 2021
Contact the Admissions Office
HMI admits students and employs faculty and staff of any gender, race, color, religion, disability-status, sexual preference, national and ethnic origin, and accords them all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students, faculty and staff of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, sexual preference, national and ethnic origin or disability status in administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletics, and other school administered programs.