- Summer Term
- Apprentice Program
- High Peaks Adventure
- Adult Programs
- Educators Expedition
- Lake County Backpacking Trip
Dates, Tuition, & Affordability
HMI Semester 2018-2019 Dates & Tuition
|August 22 – December 16, 2018||January 23 – May 26, 2019|
Tuition, Room & Board
Student Account (refunded if unused)
HMI is proud of our ability to make our programs affordable for families with diverse incomes by offering “need-based” financial aid. What does this mean? Click here.
Families who wish to be considered for financial aid should submit their financial aid application by February 15th, 2018. Financial aid awards are communicated to families at the same time as acceptances.
Calculating Financial Aid
HMI uses School and Student Services (SSS), a service of the National Association of Independent Schools, to process financial aid applications. SSS provides schools with an estimated amount each family can contribute to educational expenses. This then helps the school make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
To begin your financial aid application please visit SSS by NAIS.
You may download this guide from SSS for more information regarding how to complete a financial aid application. Specific questions about the SSS application are best directed to the SSS Help Desk, accessible via phone at 800-344-8328.
The HMI school code is 2096.
Financial Aid Policies
The following details the policies that govern financial aid for the HMI Semester:
- For priority consideration, families must submit a completed financial aid application by February 15th, 2018.
- All financial aid awards, with the exception of the Lake County Scholarships, are based on need as determined by the SSS (School and Student Service for Financial Aid).
- Financial aid awards are determined by parent/guardians ability to pay, not desire to pay, as determined by SSS and the High Mountain Institute.
- In cases of divorce or separation, each parent should complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
- If either parent remarries, the financial information of the stepparent must be included on the PFS.
- No financial aid application will be reviewed until all relevant tax forms have been uploaded to SSS for verification purposes. Families must upload all of the following 2016 tax forms that apply: 1040, W2, 1099, and Schedules A-F. 2017 tax forms are not required but helpful. If prepared, please upload all available 2017 tax forms into the “Additional Documents” folder.
- All financial aid records are kept confidential. Only the HMI Financial Aid Committee has access to financial aid information.
For further questions about tuition, expenses, and financial aid, please contact the admissions office at 719-486-8200 X1.