- Summer Term
- Apprentice Program
- High Peaks Adventure
- Adult Programs
- Educators Expedition
- Lake County Backpacking Trip
Dates, Tuition, & Affordability
HMI Semester 2018-2019 Dates & Tuition
|August 22 – December 16, 2018||January 23 – May 26, 2019|
Tuition, Room & Board
Student Account (refunded if unused)
HMI is proud of our ability to make our programs affordable for families with of incomes levels by offering “need-based” financial aid. What does this mean? Click here.
Families who wish to be considered for financial aid should submit their financial aid application by the program application deadline (February 15 for the HMI Semester, February 15 for priority with the HMI Summer Term–rolling after that).
Calculating Financial Aid
HMI uses School and Student Services (SSS), a service of the National Association of Independent Schools, to process financial aid applications. SSS provides schools with an estimated amount each family can contribute to educational expenses, allowing us to make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
To begin your financial aid application please visit SSS by NAIS and click “Login to Complete or Update Your PFS.” After creating an account, follow the instructions to complete your Personal Financial Statement (PFS). Upon submitting your PFS, you may be asked to pay a processing fee (this fee is waived for families with a certain income level and below). Your financial aid application is not complete until you upload supporting tax documentation.
When prompted to “Enter SSS Code,” input 2096.
You may download this guide from SSS for more information regarding how to complete a financial aid application. Specific questions about the SSS application are best directed to the SSS Help Desk, accessible via phone at 800-344-8328.
Financial Aid Policies
The following details the policies that govern financial aid for the HMI Semester:
- For priority consideration, the financial aid application should be completed by the same date as the general application deadline (February 15).
- All financial aid awards, with the exception of the Lake County High School Merit Scholarships, are need-based as determined by SSS (School and Student Services for Financial Aid) and the HMI Financial Aid Committee.
- Parents are expected to support the student to the extent they are able, as determined by SSS and HMI. Financial aid is awarded based on a family’s ability to pay, not desire to pay.
- In cases of divorce or separation, each parent should complete their own PFS.
- If either parent remarries, the financial information of the stepparent must be included on the PFS.
- No financial aid application will be reviewed until all supporting tax forms have been uploaded to SSS for verification purposes. Families must upload all of the following 2016 tax forms that apply: 1040, W2, 1099, and Schedules A-F. 2017 tax forms are not required but helpful. If prepared, please upload all available 2017 tax forms into the “Additional Documents” folder.
- All financial aid records are kept confidential. Only the HMI Financial Aid Committee has access to financial aid information.
For further questions about tuition, expenses, and financial aid, please contact the admissions office at 719-486-8200 X1.