- Summer Term
- Apprentice Program
- High Peaks Adventure
- Adult Programs
- Educators Expedition
- Lake County Backpacking Trip
HMI Summer Term – Apply Now
When are applications due and who is eligible?
HMI Summer Term applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis.
The Summer Term is open to applicants in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade.
How do I apply for the HMI Summer Term?
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A complete online application, including responses to the two essay questions listed below. Note: our online application platform is hosted on a secure, third-party site.
- A copy of your high school transcript, emailed to us (email@example.com) by your school, including your most recent fall semester/trimester grades.
- Two teacher recommendations forms, with at least one coming from a current core academic teacher (humanities, math, etc.) The second may come from any current or past teacher, mentor, counselor, coach, etc. In order to access the recommendation form, register on the online application platform and input your teacher’s email when prompted. Your teacher will receive an email with the appropriate form, linked to your application.
- If applying for financial aid, please submit a complete financial aid application by February 15. If accepted, financial aid awards will be conveyed by early March.
There is no application fee for the HMI Summer Term.
Application essay questions:
1. The HMI Summer Term combines wilderness expeditions, intentional community, and place-based academics. Why does this combination appeal to you?
- 2-3 paragraphs (maximum 2,500 characters, including spaces) is an appropriate length.
2. Which single extracurricular are you most passionate about and why? This is not necessarily the extracurricular to which you commit the most time. Possible answers include a sport, club, volunteer work, summer camp, etc.
- 1-2 paragraphs (maximum 1,500 characters, including spaces) is an appropriate length.
When will I hear if I am accepted?
Students who applied by the February 15th deadline will hear word in late February. Students who applied afterwords during the rolling admissions period will hear soon after their application is complete.
Admissions decisions are conveyed by email to the applicant and their families. Enrollment agreements are due back to HMI no more than three weeks after acceptance.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the HMI Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-486-8200 x1.