Explore a sample standardized testing schedule for HMI students
Standardized testing dates are the same at HMI as elsewhere in the country. All of our students should consult with their school college counseling offices to make a testing plan that includes the HMI Semester.
Students who attend during our fall semester take the PSAT at HMI.
Students attending our spring semester can chose from a variety of standardizing testing options. Here are some frequently-chosen routes for spring HMI students:
- Many students take the SAT in December and the ACT in January, before coming to HMI. This affords students the opportunity to study with a tutor or take prep classes through the fall.
- The spring ACT test date often falls during our spring break, making it an option for many students.
- We offer all students the opportunity to take the SAT during the May test date. Some of our students choose to take SAT Subject Tests on this date as they will have just wrapped up many classes that align with subject tests.
- Many students take the ACT, SAT or SAT Subject Tests in June after finishing HMI; our semester intentionally finishes before these test dates, allowing time for intensive review.
- Depending on scores and individual circumstances, our recently-minted alumni often will take the standardized tests again in July, August or October, giving them time to report these scores to colleges by the early decision deadline.